Monday, January 5, 2015

Reciting Romans 1-11

When I was in college, I heard a man recite the book of Hebrews. His example inspired me to begin memorizing, and though I do not recite as vividly or as accurately as he does, I decided to post this video in the hopes that it will inspire others to memorize.

If you live near Wilmore, come visit our Scripture memory group! We meet every week to recite the verses we are working on. Everyone is welcome! Contact me through e-mail or Facebook for more information.

2 comments:

Kurt Jorgensen said...

Listened to the entire thing, very impressive Murray. What is apparent to me in LISTENING to the entire 11 chapters is the centrality of faith as contrasted with works and the law--Calvinists like to excise a couple of verses here and there (like 8:29,30 or a few verses in chapter 11 and miss the very obvious forest for the trees.

You have hidden God's word in your heart and I look forward to the treasures He will be bringing forth out of you.

Murray Vasser said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Kurt! That is a good observation about the central theme of works vs. faith. There is actually one additional occurrence of this theme which I did not include. I messed up the end of 4:6, which references "the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works."